Italy tours

Tivoli - Rocca
Tivoli - Rocca
Tivoli Center of city
Tivoli - Center
Tivoli Villa D'Este
Tivoli - Villa D'Este
Tivoli Villa D'Este
Tivoli - Villa D'Este
Tivoli Another view of Villa D'Este
Tivoli - Villa D'Este
Villa Adriana
Tivoli - Hadrian's Villa
Tivoli

The Tivoli tour that Roma NCC (limousine service) offer to you, last at least 4 hours, for a maximum of 8 passengers.
The fixed price is 20 Euros plus 35 Euros for any additional hour.

The name Tivoli originally indicates the town of Tivoli in the Lazio region of central Italy, founded a few centuries before Rome(1215 bc )
Among the several monuments you will visit:

Villa Adriana was constructed at Tibur (modern-day Tivoli) as a retreat from Rome for Roman Emperor Hadrian during the second and third decades of the 2nd century AD ith an area of 3 sq kilometers
Hadrian's Villa is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and important cultural and archaeological site since 1999.
In the 16th century Cardinal Ippolito II d'Este had much of the marble and statues in Hadrian's villa removed to decorate his own Villa d'Este located nearby.

The Villa d'Este was commissioned by Cardinal Ippolito II d'Este, son of Alfonso I d'Este and Lucrezia Borgia and grandson of Pope Alexander VI.
The Villa itself surrounds on three sides a sixteenth-century courtyard sited on the former Benedictine cloister. The fountain on a side wall, framed within a Doric, contains a sculpture of a sleeping nymph in a grotto guarded by d'EsteGarden of the Hesperides. The central main entrance leads to the Appartamento Vecchio ("Old Apartment") made for Ippolito d'Este, with its vaulted ceilings frescoed in secular allegories by Livio Agresti , centered on the grand Sala, with its spectacular view down the main axis of the gardens, which fall away in a series of terraces.
The garden plan is laid out on a central axis with subsidiary cross-axes of carefully varied character, refreshed by some five hundred jets in fountains, pools and water troughs. The copious water is supplied by the Aniene, which is partly diverted through the town, a distance of a kilometer, and by the Rivellese spring, which supplies a cistern under the villa's courtyard. The garden is now part of the Grandi Giardini Italiani.

Villa Gregoriana

is a park located in Tivoli, Italy. The park was commissioned by Pope Gregory XVI in 1835 to rebuild the bed of the Aniene river, which had been damaged by the terrible flood of 1826. .

The Parco Villa Gregoriana consists mainly of thick woodlands with paths that lead to the caves of Neptune and the Sirens, which form part of a series of gorges and cascades, and to the Great Waterfall. The whole gorge is overseen by the acropolis with the temples of Vesta and Tiburno.


From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia